At long last we are getting a true Collector's Edition of John Carpenter's Escape From New York (1981) from Scream Factory! Still hanging onto my MGM 2-disc special Edition DVD from 2003 since the 21010 MGM Blu-ray was bare bones. Truth is might still have to hang onto it even with this Blu-ray from Scream Factory, not likely they will be reprinting the 36-page Hurricane Entertainment comic book that accompanied the DVD unfortunately.
That being said this 2-disc Collector's Edition looks to carry over all the extras from the DVD plus a handful of new stuff including an audio commentary with star Adrienne Barbeau and director of photography Dean Cundey pus a brand new 2K HD scan of the inter-positive, struck from the original negative!
Remember, customers ordering from shoutfactory.com will receive their copies two weeks early, and will receive an exclusive 18x24” poster featuring newly commissioned artwork.
JOHN CARPENTER’S ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK (1981)
AVAILABLE AS A COLLECTORS’ EDITION BLU-RAY
ON APRIL 21, 2015
A thrilling landmark film that jolts along at a breakneck pace, Escape From New York leapt to cult status with high-octane action, edge-of-your-seat suspense and the mind-blowing vision of lone warrior Snake Plissken (Russell) battling his way out of a post-apocalyptic Manhattan.
In a world ravaged by crime, the entire island of Manhattan has been converted into a walled prison where brutal prisoners roam. But when the US president (Pleasence) crash-lands inside, only one man can bring him back: notorious outlaw and former Special Forces war hero Snake Plissken (Russell). But time is short. In 24 hours, an explosive device implanted in his neck will end Snake's mission – and his life – unless he succeeds!
Customers ordering from shoutfactory.com will receive their copies of Escape From New York (Collector’s Edition) two weeks early, and will receive an exclusive 18x24” poster featuring newly commissioned artwork.
· NEW 2K High Definition scan of the inter-positive, struck from the original negative
· NEW Audio Commentary with actress Adrienne Barbeau and directory of photography Dean Cundey
· Audio Commentary with director John Carpenter and actor Kurt Russell
· Audio Commentary by producer Debra Hill and production designer Joe Alves
· NEW Big Challenges in Little Manhattan: The Visual Effects of ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK
· NEW Scoring the Escape: A Discussion with composer Alan Howarth
· NEW On Set with John Carpenter: The Images of ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK with photographer Kim Gottlieb-Walker
· NEW I Am Taylor: an interview with actor Joe Unger
· NEW My Night on the Set: an interview with filmmaker David DeCoteau
· Deleted Scene: The Original Opening Bank Robbery Sequence
· Return to Escape from New York Featurette
· Theatrical Trailers
· Photo Galleries – Behind-the-Scenes, Posters and Lobby Cards