Great news coming from Severin who will be releasing Eurocult favorite Jess Franco's COUNT DRACULA (1970) on Blu-ray this coming December, a blood-sucking adaptation featuring an all-star cast including Herbert Lom, Soledad Miranda, Maria Rohm, Fred Williams, Christopher Lee, Paul Muller, and Jack Taylor! Love the artwork, it's loaded with extras and more Soledad Miranda in HD is always a good thing.
COUNT DRACULA (1970)
HD Disc Of Jess Franco’s 1970 Film Will Include
First Ever US Release Of Experimental ‘Making Of’ Feature CUADECUC, VAMPIR
In 1970, cult director Jess Franco and screen legend Christopher Lee collaborated on what they promised would be the most faithful adaptation of Bram Stoker’s novel ever filmed. From its remarkable performances – including Lee as the Count, Herbert Lom (MARK OF THE DEVIL) as Van Helsing, Soledad Miranda (VAMPYROS LESBOS) as Lucy, Maria Rohm (VENUS IN FURS) as Mina, and authentic madman Klaus Kinski as Renfield – to its lush locations and atmosphere of sinister sensuality, it remains perhaps the most spellbinding version of Dracula in movie history. Fred Williams (SHE KILLED IN ECSTASY) and Paul Muller (NIGHTMARE CASTLE) co-star in this “thrilling” (Twins Of Evil) and “fascinating” (Arrow In The Head) horror classic, now fully restored, loaded with all-new Bonus Features including Pere Potrabella’s experimental ‘making of’ feature CUADECUC, VAMPIR, and re-mastered in high-definition for the first time ever.
- Uncut Feature in HD (Includes Controversial Previously Deleted Baby Scene) at Franco’s Approved Aspect Ratio 1.33:1
- CUADECUC, VAMPIR (1970): Experimental ‘Making Of’ Feature By Pere Portabella
- Audio Commentary with horror historian David Del Valle and Actress Maria Rohm
- Beloved Count Interview with Director Jess Franco
- An Interview With Actor Jack Taylor
- 'Handsome Harker’ Interview With Actor Fred Williams
- Christopher Lee Reads Dracula
- ’Stake Holders’ An Appreciation By Filmmaker Christophe Gans
- German Trailer
THE TRAIL OF DRACULA - FROM FOLKLORE TO SCREEN
On the same day and date Severin’s sister label Intervision Picture Corp will release the brand new feature length documentary THE TRAIL OF DRACULA - an in-depth look at the lord of the vampires' origins, the creation of Bram Stoker’s novel, and his journey through popular entertainment of the 20th century. The DVD will also include audio interviews with several actors who have played the Count including Christopher Lee and Udo Kier and over 90 minutes of Dracula movie trailers.