SHOCKING DARK (1989)
For director Bruno Mattei (VIOLENCE IN A WOMEN’S PRISON) and co-writers Claudio Fragasso & Rossella Drudi (TROLL 2), their final – and most notorious – collaboration went beyond brazen plagiarism to become a fearless act of deranged genius: In this bravura rip-off of both ALIENS and TERMINATOR, a team of badass marines, a tough female civilian and an orphaned girl battle monsters beneath the Venice canals while being chased by an indestructible killer cyborg. Have we mentioned the overwrought dialogue, over-the-top performances and ultimate WTF twist ending? Geretta Geretta (DEMONS) and Tony Lombardo (RATS: NIGHTS OF TERROR) star in this “schlockfest of awesome” (Cool Target) – actually released outside the U.S. as TERMINATOR II and ALIENATORS and never before available in America – now scanned in 2k from the Director’s Cut negative discovered in a Rome lab vault.
SHOCKING DARK Special Features:
- Terminator in Venice - Interview with Co-Director / Co-Screenwriters Claudio Fragasso and Co-Screenwriter Rossella Drudi
- Once Upon A Time in Italy - Interview With Actress Geretta Geretta
- Alternate Italian Titles
Limited Edition Available with Highly Unofficial Slip Cover with original Italian release art (and title) exclusively from the Severin-Films webstore.
ZOMBIE 3 (1988)
Shortly before completing the sequel to his classic ZOMBIE, the legendary Lucio Fulci became ill and left the Philippines-based production. But when director Bruno Mattei (SHOCKING DARK) and writers Claudio Fragasso & Rossella Drudi (TROLL 2) stepped in to finish, the result became the most “insanely enjoyable” (The Lucid Nightmare) zombie romp in EuroCult history: After a deadly virus is stolen from a government facility, it will unleash a “wildly entertaining” (Realm Of Horror) combination of Fulci’s signature extreme violence, Mattei/Fragasso-style surreal logic, and big bloody buckets of goo-spewing mayhem that must be seen to be believed. Deran Sarafian, Beatrice Ring (INTERZONE) and Massimo Vanni (RATS: NIGHT OF TERROR) star in this “total blast” (Bloody Disgusting), now featuring a an uncut 2k scan for the first time ever in America.
ZOMBIE 3 Special Features:
- The Last Zombies - Interview With Co-Director / Co-Writer Claudio Fragasso and Co-Writer Rossella Drudi
- Tough Guys - Interview with Actors/Stuntmen Massimo Vanni and Ottaviano Dell'Acqua
- The Problem Solver - Interview with Replacement Director Bruno Mattei
- Swimming with Zombies - Interview with Actress Marina Loi
- In the Zombie Factory - Interview with FX Artist Franco Di Girolamo
- Audio Commentary With Stars Deran Sarafian and Beatrice Ring
Limited Edition: First 3000 with Remastered Soundtrack CD of Music By Stefano Mainetti
ZOMBIE 4 – AFTER DEATH (1989)
In between the celebrated insanities of ZOMBIE 3 and TROLL 2, director Claudio Fragasso (here under the name ‘Clyde Anderson’) and writer/collaborator Rossella Drudi put the penultimate batsh*t nail in the coffin of the legendary ZOMBIE series: When a white scientist’s cure for cancer enrages an island voodoo priest, it will unleash the ultimate plague of ninja zombies, exploding heads, eye-gouging, face-ripping, power ballads and big bloody mouthfuls of flesh-chomping havoc…and that’s just the first 20 minutes. Adult film superstar Jeff Stryker, Candice Daly (THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS) and Jim Gaines (ISLAND OF THE LIVING DEAD) star in this “ludicrously entertaining” (Ballistic Blood Bullets) Philippines-filmed schlock-fest, now scanned in 2k and uncut for the first time ever in America.
ZOMBIE 4 Special Features:
- Run Zombie Run! - Interview With Director Claudio Fragasso and Screenwriter Rossella Drudi
- Jeff Stryker in Manila - Interview With Actor Chuck Peyton
- Blonde vs Zombies - Interview With Actress Candice Daly
- Behind-The-Scenes Footage
Limited Edition: First 3000 with First Ever Official Release Soundtrack CD of Music By Al Festa