DUAL-FORMAT BD/DVD RELEASE – NOVEMBER 17th 2014
The Girl Who Knew Too Much is the latest addition to Arrow Video’s ever-growing series of Mario Bava following Black Sunday, Black Sabbath, Lisa and the Devil, Bay of Blood, Baron Bloodand the recently-reconstructed Rabid Dogs.
Arrow Video have worked from the original pre-print film elements to present The Girl Who Knew Too Much in a brand-new digitally remastered edition. As with previous Bava titles, this set contains both versions/cuts of the film, in this case the US re-edit Evil Eye, in high definition.
Together with both versions, the disc contains a newly translated English subtitle track, alongside an audio commentary with Mario Bava biographer Tim Lucas. Also present are the featurette All About the Girl, in which filmmakers Luigi Cozzi (The Killer Must Kill Again) and Richard Stanley (Dust Devil), alongside authors Alan Jones (Profondo Argento) and Mikel Koven (La Dolce Morte) reflect on Mario Bava’s classic giallo, plus by Jones, the international and US trailers and a collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Kier-La Janisse, encased in a reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Graham Humphreys.
With a nod to Hitchcock and a wink in the direction of Agatha Christie, The Girl Who Knew Too Much inadvertently created a genre that would dominate Italian cinema for years to come: the giallo.
A young American secretary with a taste for lurid paperbacks witnesses a murder whilst visiting Rome – or does she? Nobody will believe her, but she appears to have stumbled upon the work of a serial killer active ten years earlier. The victims’ surnames began A, B and C… and hers begins with the letter D!
Starring the striking Letícia Román and John Saxon (Enter the Dragon, Tenebrae, A Nightmare on Elm Street), The Girl Who Knew Too Much is presented in both its original Italian version and the longer US cut, entitled Evil Eye, that was re-edited and re-scored by American International Pictures.
· High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentation of two versions of the film: The Girl Who Knew Too Much – the original Italian version; and Evil Eye – the re-edited and re-scored US version prepared by American International Pictures
· Original uncompressed 2.0 mono PCM audio for both versions
· Optional English subtitles for The Girl Who Knew Too Much
· Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for Evil Eye
· Audio commentary by Mario Bava’s biographer Tim Lucas
· Introduction by writer and critic Alan Jones
· All About the Girl – Filmmakers Luigi Cozzi (The Killer Must Kill Again) and Richard Stanley (Dust Devil), alongside authors Alan Jones (Profondo Argento) and Mikel Koven (La Dolce Morte) reflect on Mario Bava’s classic giallo
· International trailer
· US trailer
· Reversible Sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Graham Humphreys
· Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Kier-La Janisse
Release Date : Monday 17th November 2014
Certificate : 12
Formats: Blu-ray and DVD
Running Time: 86/92 minutes
Aspect Ratio: 1.66:1
Audio: 2.0 Mono