‘A child’s ball bouncing down a flight of stairs was enough to scare the daylights out of me’
- Stephen King
THE CHANGELING (1980)
Label: Second Sight Films
Release Date: August 13th 2018
Region Code: Region-FREE
Duration: 107 Minutes
Rating: 15 Cert.
Video: 1080P HD Widescreen
Director: Peter Medak
Cast: George C. Scott, Trish Van Devere, Melvyn Douglas
Cited as a huge influence by renowned film-makers including Martin Scorsese and Alejandro Amenabar and lauded by horror aficionados and audiences alike, The Changeling is one of the most chilling horrors of all time and now it arrives in a brand new restored version for the first time on Blu-ray, featuring stunning newly
commissioned artwork by Christopher Shy.
One of the last classic horror films to finally be released in high-definition, Peter Medak’s (The Krays) The Changeling arrives as a limited edition collector’s set including stunning packaging, a poster, a 40-page perfect bound booklet and a slew of newly created special features such as a commentaries, interviews and featurettes.
The Changeling Limited Edition Blu-ray will be released on 13 August 2018 from Second Sight.
Following the tragic death of his wife and daughter in a car crash, composer John Russell leaves the city and retires to an old mansion in the hope of rebuilding his life. The peace and quiet he craves is soon disturbed however. Unexplained noises are just the beginning. Convinced there is a supernatural presence in the house
he enlists the help a local historian. What they uncover is more shocking than he could ever have imagined.
George C. Scott (The Hustler) plays the lead alongside a strong cast including his wife Trish Van Devere (Where’s Poppa) and Oscar winning actor Melvyn Douglas (Being There).
One of the most highly acclaimed horror films of all time The Changeling will chill you to the bone.
- Brand new 4K scan and restoration
- Limited Edition packaging featuring outer rigid slipcase, Amaray case, poster, 40 page booklet and
- Audio commentary with director Peter Medak and producer Joel B. Michaels moderated by Severin
Films’ David Gregory
- ‘The House on Cheesman Park’: The Haunting True Story of The Changeling
- ‘The Music of The Changeling’: Interview with Music Arranger Kenneth Wannberg
- ‘Building The House of Horror’: Interview with Art Director Reuben Freed
- ‘The Psychotronic Tourist’: The Changeling
- ‘Master of Horror Mick Garris on The Changeling’
- TV Spot
- New English subtitles for the hearing impaired
Limited Edition Exclusive Contents:
- Original Soundtrack CD
- 40 page perfect bound booklet with new essay by Kevin Lyons, production notes and on-set interview with George C. Scott
- Double-sided poster and reversible Amaray sleeve featuring newly commissioned artwork by artist Christopher Shy and original poster art